- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine oats and buttermilk in small bowl; let stand 10 min.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar and zest with mixer until blended; set aside. Mix flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add egg and butter to oat mixture; stir until well blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Gently stir in berries.
- Spoon half the batter evenly into 12 muffin cups lined with extra-large or giant paper liners, filling each liner half full; top each with 2 Tbsp. cream cheese filling. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 25 to 27 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Note: The extra-large muffin pan liners are needed to hold all the batter in the muffin pan cups. If you don't have extra-large or giant liners, spoon batter into 16 paper-lined muffin cups instead. Bake 23 to 25 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Substitute: Replace buttermilk with sour milk. Mix 1 Tbsp. lemon juice or white vinegar and enough milk to equal 1 cup. Let stand 5 min.
- Make it Your Own: Use a combination of your favorite berries, such as blueberries, raspberries and/or blackberries.
View all nutritional information
Calories 250, Total Fat 11g, Saturated Fat 7g, Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 330mg, Carbohydrate 34g, Protein 4g