George Fernandez's Cucumber Tuna Rolls are an easy picnic ideal for busy schedules! Vote for George's recipe to help Food Bank for the Heartland win the Perfect Picnic Challenge!
- Wash cucumbers and remove ends with a knife. Cut cucumbers into long thin ribbons using a mandolin or a wide vegetable peeler. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir well to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Lay out cucumber slices. To one end of cucumber ribbon, add a 1 oz. scoop of tuna salad. Roll up the cucumber around the tuna salad and secure with a toothpick. Repeat process until all tuna salad is used (4-6 rolls per person). Keep cold until serving time.
- For tropical fruit salad, combine all fruits in a mixing bowl. Season to taste with freshly squeezed lemon juice. Keep cold until serving time.
- For Salpicon, cut all fruits and combine. Chill thoroughly. Combine Kool-Aid mix, sugar and club soda in a large pitcher. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Fill glasses half full with chilled fruit, then top with the cold tropical soda. Serve with a spoon!
- Vote for George's Recipe at http://familyfareperfectpicnic.hscampaigns.com/