- In a large mixing bowl, add buttermilk and hot sauce, mixing until combined. Add chicken thighs and press down until covered by buttermilk mixture. Allow chicken to marinate for at least two hours, preferably overnight.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard and honey. Adjust flavors as desired, adding more honey or mustard. Set Aside.
- Pour frying oil into a deep 10 in. skillet, preferably cast iron. Preheat oil over high heat to 350°F.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture and dry with paper towels. In a small mixing bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour on both sides and gently place into heated oil. Cook chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 170°F, flipping half way through, about 10 minutes total. Remove from oil, and place onto paper towels to dry. Drizzle with honey mustard sauce and serve.
- For potato salad, place potatoes into a large heavy-bottomed pot. Cover with cold water and place over medium heat. Bring to a boil.Immediately reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and lay potatoes on large flat surface (such as a baking sheet) and refrigerate until cold.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, tarragon, cornichons, celery and onions. Once evenly combined, add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Let the salad chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour, preferably overnight, before serving.
- For sweet tea simple syrup, combine ½ cup water and ½ cup sugar in a small saucepan. Heat until sugar dissolves, then chill for later use.
- Steep tea bags in boiling water, following instructions on package. Throw away tea bags and set aside tea to chill.
- Meanwhile, remove pits from peaches and mango. Puree peaches and mango until smooth. Strain fruit puree through a double layer of cheesecloth or mesh strainer, and stir into prepared tea. Stir in lemon juice and prepared simple syrup. Chill and enjoy.
- Vote for Aaron's Recipe at http://familyfareperfectpicnic.hscampaigns.com/