1 hour, 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large heavy baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt; whisk to blend.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, butter, orange peel, juice and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, beat until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in flour mixture until well-blended. Stir in cherries and pistachios. Divide dough in half and place on a lightly floured surface. With floured hands shape each half into a 2 1/2x9 1/2-inch log. Place both logs on baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- Bake until light brown and firm to the touch, about 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool on baking sheet on a cooling rack.
- Once cool, carefully transfer logs to a cutting board. With a serrated knife, cut logs on the diagonal into slices 1/2-inch wide. Place slices cut side down on same baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes; turn and bake 5 minutes more or until golden. Transfer to cooling rack.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
View all nutritional information
Calories 137, Calories Fat 46, Total Fat 5g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 72mg, Carbohydrate 20g, Protein 2g
|Calories (fat) extra||33|
|Total Fat (extra)||8|
|Saturated Fat (extra)||13|
|Vitamin A (extra)||5|
|Vitamin C (extra)||2|