1 hour 2 minutes*
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a shallow dish stir together eggs, and salt and pepper to taste. Place cracker crumbs in another shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in cracker crumbs.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, half at a time, and cook about 3 minutes per side or until browned on both sides. Transfer chicken to prepared dish, arranging in a single layer.
- Using a spatula, scrape out excess oil and crumbs from skillet. Add tomato sauce, basil and garlic powder to skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 5 to 6 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in butter, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour sauce over chicken; sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Cover baking dish with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; top chicken with mozzarella cheese. Bake about 5 minutes more or until mozzarella melts. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
View all nutritional information
Calories 236, Calories Fat 145, Total Fat 16g, Saturated Fat 7g, Cholesterol 54mg, Sodium 702mg, Carbohydrate 10g, Protein 12g
|Calories (fat) extra||61|
|Total Fat (extra)||25|
|Saturated Fat (extra)||35|
|Vitamin A (extra)||13|
|Vitamin C (extra)||12|