1 hour 12 min. (including cooling)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine cereal, milk and syrup in large bowl; let stand 2 min. Mix flour, baking powder and cinnamon until blended. Reserve 1 bacon slice. Coarsely chop remaining bacon; stir into flour mixture.
- Add eggs and butter to cereal mixture; mix well. Add flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Spoon into 12 muffin pan cups sprayed with cooking spray. (Cups will be full).
- Bake 14 to 17 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, zest and juice in medium bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually add sugar, mixing well after each addition; spread onto cupcakes. Tear reserved bacon slice into 12 pieces; place on tops of cupcakes.
- Size-Wise: Enjoy your favorite foods on occasion but remember to keep tabs on portions.
- Storage Know-How: Store cupcakes in refrigerator up to 2 days. Remove from refrigerator about 30 min. before serving.
- Variation: Prepare using maple-flavored or pancake syrup.
- Food Facts: Pure maple syrup varies in strength - the darker the syrup, the more maple flavor it will have. If your syrup is light in color, you can add 1/2 tsp. maple extract to this recipe to increase the maple flavor.
- How to Cook Bacon: Place bacon in single layer in large skillet, just barely overlapping slices. Cook on medium heat until lightly browned on one side; turn with tongs. Continue to cook until bacon is crisp, turning frequently. (A tip to check for doneness is when white, bubbly foam appears over the bacon slices.) Remove bacon from skillet; drain on paper towels.
- Variation: Line muffin pan cups with paper liners before filling with batter and baking as directed.
View all nutritional information
Calories 290, Total Fat 14g, Saturated Fat 7g, Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 440mg, Carbohydrate 37g, Protein 7g