- Brush steaks with olive oil, and rub all over with crushed garlic. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Let them stand at room temperature for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place steaks on grill, and grill 9 to 11 minutes until steaks reach 135°F on an internal meat thermometer for medium-rare doneness, turning once.
- Transfer steaks to a platter, and let rest 5 minutes. Keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Core tomatoes with a small sharp knife. With a large spoon, scoop out about 1 tablespoon of pulp from each tomato, and discard pulp.
- In a bowl, stir together cheese and dried breadcrumbs. Put 1 slice of garlic in each tomato cavity, and spoon in the cheese mixture.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Place tomatoes in a roasting pan, and roast in the oven 5 to 7 minutes until the cheese is melted and the breadcrumbs begin to brown. Serve with steaks.