Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese
- Place whole butternut squash in pressure cooker on top of trivet. This recipe can also be replicated with a slow cooker or oven. Fill pressure cooker with 1 cup water. Cook on high for 25 minutes.
- Puree the butternut squash until it is a smooth consistency. Add 1/2 to 1 cup milk of choice depending on desired consistency.
- In a saucepan heat 2 tablespoons Our Family grapeseed oil. Heat 2 tsp of garlic and fresh herbs of choice (thyme, basil, or oregano) until the garlic starts to brown.
- Stir in the butternut squash mixture. Let simmer for 10 minutes, this will thicken the sauce.
- Turn the burner to low and slowly add the cheese. Turning the burner low during this period will ensure the cheese does not separate for the high temperature.
- Stir in 2 cups Our Family macaroni noodles.