- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, toss together blueberries, 1/4 cup goat cheese, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, chopped basil and salt; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat together egg and 1 tablespoon water; set aside.
- Place pie crust on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Prick all over with fork. Leaving a 2-inch border, spoon the blueberry mixture into center of crust.
- Fold the bare edges of pastry toward the center, over the filling. Pleat pastry as you go and leave center uncovered. Brush top of pastry with egg wash.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is just bubbling and pastry is golden. Sprinkle remaining goat cheese overfilling. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves before serving.