How ’bout them apples? Cinnamon Chex™ adds a festive flavor to this fun fall snack.
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals and walnuts.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter on High 30 seconds or until melted.
- Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg uncovered for about 1 minute, until smooth and bubbly. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 4 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Sprinkle apples evenly over cereal mixture.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips and shortening uncovered on High about 1 minute or until chips can be stirred smooth. Drizzle over cereal mixture; let stand until set. Break into bite-size pieces. Store in airtight container.