1 hour 15 minutes
1 hour 35 minutes
- In a large skillet melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat. Add onions and sugar. Cook, stirring, 25 to 30 minutes or until onions are deep golden brown. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Meanwhile, place red potatoes and enough water to cover in a Dutch oven; bring to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Repeat with sweet potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an oval 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Beat red potatoes at medium speed until mashed. Add sour cream, 3/4 cup of the milk and 2 tablespoons butter; beat until smooth. Stir in pepper and 1 teaspoon salt. Spoon into baking dish.
- Beat sweet potatoes until mashed. Add remaining milk and butter; beat until smooth. Stir in remaining salt. Spread sweet potatoes over red potatoes. Top with half the onions; swirl gently with a knife. Top with remaining onion mixture.
- Bake, covered, 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve in glass bowls to show the swirl effect, if desired.
View all nutritional information
Calories 325, Calories Fat 84, Total Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 5g, Cholesterol 27mg, Sodium 518mg, Carbohydrate 52g, Protein 7g
|Calories (fat) extra||25|
|Total Fat (extra)||15|
|Saturated Fat (extra)||30|
|Vitamin A (extra)||430|
|Vitamin C (extra)||80|