Importance of Home Cooked Meals
- Restaurant and fast-food dining is financially unsustainable for many families–it costs 31-48% less per month to eat at home.
- Studies show that children who regularly sit down to a home-cooked meal have better grades and a lower incidence of drug and alcohol abuse.
- The obesity epidemic in the United States is the single most daunting public health concern of the 21st century.
- Unhealthy fast food, takeout and microwave convenience meals are the norm in an unprecedented number of American households.
- Gathering around a family table for a homecooked meal continues to be a challenge for the majority of American families.