Did you know adults and kids are more likely to eat fruits and veggies when they are pre-prepared?! And since most of us do not eat the recommended servings of fruits and veggies, the Fresh Divide at Family Fare is here to help! If you are in a hurry, no worries! If you do not like to or are unsure how to wash and cut produce, we have you covered!
At the Fresh Divide find our excellent selection of washed, cut, and ready to eat or cook fruits and vegetables. With the Fresh Divide, enjoy the convenience of fresh produce without spending extra time in the kitchen preparing fruits and veggies. Simply purchase the ready to eat fruits and veggies from our Produce Department and enjoy!
From infused waters to blends such as stir fry mix, fajita mix, asparagus sauté and to dips such as Pico de Gallo and guacamole, we offer close to 60 fresh cut and ready to enjoy produce items. Of course if you are just looking for a diced onion or watermelon slices, we have those too!
Here are two of our favorite kid-friendly recipes using Fresh Divide produce:
Recipe adapted from: All Recipes
- 1 large head cauliflower, diced from the Fresh Divide
- 1/2 cup Our Family bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Our Family shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Our Family egg
- 1 Our Family egg white
- 1 tablespoon Our Family minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Our Family parsley flakes
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Our Family canola oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Microwave or steam cauliflower until tender.
- Measure out 2 cups of the tender cauliflower into a large bowl.
- Add bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, egg, egg white, parsley flakes, minced onion, salt, and black pepper. Form into 30 small logs.
- Arrange on the lined baking sheet; spray tots with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned on the bottom, 8 to 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip, and spray with cooking spray.
- Continue baking until lightly browned on the other side, 8 to 9 minutes more.
Summer Fruit Salsa
Recipe adapted from: Taste of Home
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Our Family honey
- 4 Kiwifruit, diced from the Fresh Divide
- 1 cup Pineapple, diced from the Fresh Divide
- 1 cup Strawberries, sliced from the Fresh Divide
- 5 clementines, peeled from the Fresh Divide
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice and honey until combine.
- If not already separated, separate the clementines into segments.
- Add in the remaining fruit ingredients. Stir until evenly coated.
- Serve fresh or cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with Our Family graham crackers, yogurt, or even a scoop of ice cream!
Be sure to stop in and shop the Fresh Divide for a variety of fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty start to any snack or meal!
See even more Fresh Divide recipes here.
Stephanie is an award-winning registered dietitian who believes in empowering every individual to make nutritious food choices to support a healthy lifestyle. She believes in the power of food as medicine and loves sharing about nutrition with others.