Double Up Food Bucks
Double Up Food Bucks™!
35 Family Fare Supermarkets and 6 VG's Grocery locations offer SNAP customers easier, affordable access to healthy fruits, vegetables
From apples to zucchini, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) participants can earn additional dollars for purchasing any fresh produce with the Double Up Food Bucks program.
With 35 Family Fare locations throughout Western, Southern and Northern Michigan and 6 VG's Grocery locations in Eastern Michigan taking part in Double Up Food Bucks, it’s easier than ever for SNAP store guests to take advantage of the program and double their buying power when it comes to fresh fruits and vegetables. See the location list below for participating Family Fare and VG's locations.
For each dollar of fresh produce SNAP customers purchase using their EBT Bridge Card and yes account, an equivalent amount of points will be earned and placed on their yes account. Points will be loaded on the yes account the next day, so if you purchase produce on Tuesday for example, the points will show up Wednesday. Shoppers can then redeem the points for free fruits and vegetables at participating Family Fare and VG's locations. Each point is valued at $1, with a maximum dollar-for-dollar match of $20 per day on the SNAP customer’s yes account.
Use your EBT Bridge Card with your yes account to buy fresh fruits and vegetables at a participating Family Fare or VG's Grocery location.
Buy any fresh produce and get FREE matching Double Up dollars, up to $20 per day.
Use your yes account to spend your Double Up rewards on any fresh fruits or vegetables at any participating Family Fare or VG's Grocery store location.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q) I’m a SNAP customer. Can I participate in the program if I do not have a yes account?
A) No. A SNAP customer must have a yes account to participate in the program at Family Fare and VG's Grocery, because points earned and redeemed are done so on the yes account.
Q) Do I need to pay for groceries with an EBT Bridge Card to EARN points?
A) Yes. A SNAP customer must use her EBT Bridge Card to EARN points.
Q) Can I use my WIC for Double Up Food Bucks?
A) No. A customer must pay for fresh produce with his EBT Bridge Card to earn Double Up Food Bucks points.
Q) Do I need to pay for groceries with an EBT Bridge Card to REDEEM points?
A) No. Once points are earned on the yes account, a customer can use any form of payment – including cash, check or credit card – to REDEEM those points.
Q) Can I earn or redeem points on canned or frozen produce?
A) No. The DUFB program only applies to fresh produce.
Q) Do I have to buy Michigan produce to earn points?
A) No. SNAP shoppers now earn DUFB points with the purchase of ANY fresh produce.
Q) I purchased $4.98 in produce on my EBT Bridge Card today, but there are no DUFB points showing at the bottom of the receipt in the club section. Why?
A) Double Up Food Bucks club points earned will not show up on your receipt until the next day.
Q) How can I check how many DUFB club points I have to redeem?
A) A customer’s total DUFB club points will be printed on each receipt at the bottom in the club section. However, the points the customer earned in a transaction today will not show up in the club section until tomorrow. Customers can also check DUFB points on the in-store kiosks and the yes account web site or free yes app (available on Google Play and App Store).
Q) Can I earn points at one Family Fare or VG's Grocery store and redeem them at a different Family Fare or VG's Grocery store?
A) Yes, a customer can redeem points on his yes account at any one of the 35 participating Family Fares and 6 VG's Grocery stores.
Q) Can I redeem the points at any other location participating in the DUFB program?
A) No, a customer cannot earn points at a Family Fare or VG's Grocery and redeem them at a non-Family Fare or VG's Grocery participating location. DUFB points are earned on the yes account, which cannot be used anywhere other than at Family Fare.
Q) Why is the Double Up program only available to SNAP customers?
A) Public support of healthy food incentives limits its usage to low-income individuals who receive federal nutrition assistance, or SNAP (formerly known as food stamps).
Participating Family Fare Supermarkets - Western Michigan
• 1225 Leonard St NE, Grand Rapids, MI
• 1415 Fulton St E, Grand Rapids, MI
• 4325 Breton Rd SE, Grand Rapids, MI
• 1185 Washington Ave, Holland, MI
• 993 Butternut Dr, Holland, MI
• 6127 Kalamazoo Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI
• 565 S State St, Sparta, MI
• 1148 28th St SW, Wyoming, MI
• 2900 Burlingame Ave SW, Wyoming, MI
Participating Family Fare Supermarkets - Southern Michigan
• 1406 N Eaton St, Albion, MI
• 56151 M 51 S, Dowagiac, MI
• 902 W State St, Hastings, MI
• 45 E Columbia Ave, Battle Creek, MI
• 15900 W Michigan Ave, Marshall, MI
• 847 S Kalamazoo St, Paw Paw, MI
• 1603 Capital Ave NE, Battle Creek, MI
• 1525 W Michigan Ave, Battle Creek, MI
Participating Family Fare Supermarkets - Northern Michigan
• 430 N Lake St, Boyne City, MI
• 602 S Mitchell St, Cadillac, MI
• 829 W Main St, Gaylord, MI
• 1204 N State St, Gladwin, MI
• 2470 I-75BL, Grayling, MI
• 1570 N Clare Ave, Harrison, MI
• 3561 W Houghton Lake Dr, Houghton Lake, MI
• 619 N Williams St, Mancelona, MI
• 1057 Manistee Hwy, Manistee, MI
• 2026 N Saginaw Rd, Midland, MI
• 305 Morenci Ave, Mio, MI
• 5463 N Huron Rd, Oscoda Twp, MI
• 100 S Bradley Hwy, Rogers City, MI
• 409 N 5th St, Roscommon, MI
• 2626 N, M-33, Rose City, MI
• 699 Us 2, Saint Ignace, MI
• 533 S Main St, Standish, MI
• 2206 M-76, West Branch, MI
Participating VG’s Grocery Stores - Eastern Michigan
• 1520 W Caro Rd, Caro, MI
• 710 S Mill St, Clio, MI
• 8503 Davison Rd, Davison, MI
• 7461 N Genesee Rd, Genesee, MI
• 6764 South River, Marine City, MI
• 1341 N Michigan 52, Owosso, MI