Double Up Food Bucks
Double Up Food Bucks™!
Double Up Food Bucks helps families with EBT/Bridge cards to bring home more fresh fruits and vegetables while supporting Michigan farmers and local economies. Thank you for using Double Up Food Bucks to double your food dollars for more healthy food!
Fair Food Network wanted to let you know about one change impacting Double Up at participating Fair Food Network stores in April and May of this year.
- For these two months, Double Up earnings will be paused at participating stores. This means that you will not be able to earn any additional Double Up Food Bucks points on your yes card in April and May.
- Customers with Double Up points on their yes card can still redeem their points in April and May.
- You will be able to earn Double Up Food Bucks again starting June 1, 2018 through the end of December 2018.
Fair Food Network is honored that so many of you have come to trust and rely upon Double Up, and your experience is very important to them. This financially responsible change ensures they can continue to offer Double Up across the state.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can call Fair Food Network at 866.586.2796 or send them an email at email@example.com.
See our Frequently Asked Questions below for more information about the Double Up program and the temporary change.
More information on Double Up Food Bucks and SpartanNash:
The Double Up Food Bucks program enables Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) participants to earn free produce when they buy fresh fruits and vegetables with their EBT/Bridge card at participating stores.
In partnership with Fair Food Network, SpartanNash has offered the Double Up Food Bucks program at select Family Fare Supermarkets since 2014, expanding the program to VG’s and Valuland stores for the first time in 2017. SpartanNash is the largest grocery retailer to offer the program in Michigan, investing in the technology to easily activate the program with customer’s yes card.
In 2018, a total of 46 SpartanNash corporate-owned stores throughout Michigan participate in Double Up Food Bucks, making it easier than ever for SNAP store guests to take advantage of the program – and double their buying power when it comes to fresh fruits and vegetables.
SpartanNash is committed to corporate responsibility, including environmental sustainability and social responsibility. The Double Up Food Bucks program exemplifies this commitment by providing SNAP customers with easier and more affordable access to healthy produce as well as supporting our local communities and Michigan farmers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is earning of Double Up Food Bucks paused at grocery stores in April and May? Word has gotten out about the benefits of Double Up Food Bucks, and we are honored to now be a part of how many families purchase more healthy food. This also means that we need to be thoughtful in our spending, to ensure we can continue to offer the program to as many families as possible.
What should I do in April and May? For these two months, SNAP recipients can still redeem any Double Up Food Bucks they have accumulated on their yes card.
How can I find a SpartanNash corporate-store that is offering Double Up Food Bucks? The locations listed are participating Family Fare, VG’s and ValuLand locations:
• Grand Rapids - 1225 Leonard NE
• Grand Rapids - 1415 E. Fulton St.
• Grand Rapids - 4325 Breton Road SE
• Holland - 1185 S. Washington
• Holland - 993 Butternut Dr.
• Kentwood - 6127 Kalamazoo SE
• Sparta - 565 S. State St.
• Wyoming - 1148 28th St. SW
• Wyoming - 2900 Burlingame Ave. SW
• Albion - 1406 North Eaton
• Dowagiac - 56151 South M-51
• Hastings - 902 W. State Street
• Lakeview - 45 East Columbia
• Marshall - 15900 W. Michigan Ave.
• Paw Paw - 847 S. Kalamazoo Ave.
• Pennfield - 1603 Capital, NE
• Urbandale - 1525 W. Michigan Ave.
• Boyne City - 430 N. Lake St.
• Cadillac - 602 S Mitchell
• Gaylord - 829 W. Main,
• Gladwin - 1204 State St.
• Grayling - 2470 S. I-75 Bus. Loop
• Harrison - 1570 N. Clare Ave.
• Houghton Lake - 3561 W Houghton Lk Dr
• Mancelona - 619 N. Williams
• Manistee - 1057 US 31 South
• Midland - 2026 N. Saginaw
• Mio - 305 Morenci, POB 549
• Oscoda - 5463 N. Huron Rd.
• Rogers City - 100 S. Bradley Hwy.
• Roscommon - 409 N. Fifth St.
• Rose City - 2626 N. M-33
• St. Ignace - 699 US 2
• Standish - 533 S. Main St.
• West Branch - 2206 S. M-76
• Caro - 1520 W. Caro
• Clio - 710 S. Mill
• Davison - 8503 Davison
• Genesee - 7461 N. Genesee
• Marine City - 6764 S. River
• Owosso - 1341 N. M-52
• Lansing - 1609 W Mount Hope
• Lansing - 3800 W Saginaw St.
• Leslie - 810 West Bellevue
• Marion - 401 S. Mill Rd.
• Warren - 30780 Schoennherr Rd.
Is there a limit to how many Double Up points I can accumulate on my yes card? No, there is no limit. Earnings are based upon how many SNAP dollars you’ve spent on fresh fruits and vegetables and are limited to $20/day.
How can I check my yes club balance for Double Up points? You can check your Double Up points through your yes club on the Family Fare or VG’s app. Customers can download the Family Fare or VG’s app today on the App Store or Google Play.
What about the ValuLand stores that uses an instant 50% off to offer Double Up Food Bucks? These stores will not be able to offer Double Up during April and May.